The museum currently CLOSED since we are a Los Angeles County Facility and we adhere to Los Angeles Parks and Recreation’s guidelines and the State of California mandates on COVID-19 safety measures. When we re-open, our new hours of operation will be modified to 10 am to 2 pm on Saturdays and Sundays (Fridays were removed since they were traditionally for schools and groups).
We will not be accepting cash payments.
Updates will continue to be posted but here are some of the following safety measures and policies that will be in effect until further notice:
- Social distancing of six feet will be enforced, directional markers will be installed
- Patrons will be required to wear face coverings
- A cashless “Square” POS system will be installed to minimize cash handling. Patrons will be encouraged to pay using debit/credit cards
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be installed at check-in tent
- All areas, including the restrooms, will be sanitized regularly
Located 12 miles east of downtown Los Angeles is the American Military History Museum, also known as Tankland. Our non-profit military history Museum is home to over 170 military vehicles & outdoor exhibits dating from 1933 to the present.
Since 1962 we have been dedicated to preserving our nation’s military history. We recognize the immeasurable contributions of those in previous generations who have dedicated their lives to defend our nation. Our Museum is a tribute designed to honor our veterans and active military personnel.